Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Alternative Makes it Happen

Despite some troubles, spin went pretty great! I didn't think Lindsay was going to show; I had her mat ready but she got there with one minute to spare! Yikes! We're all set up and warming up, when Kim realizes the mic is not working at all. OH NOES!

But we warmed up while Kim and the rec center dude (Lindsay: "He looks like Justin Bieber! YUCK!") worked on it. Kim pulled it off without the mic, though. She had some classy hand signals to guide us through jumps, and overall, it worked! I think I had my tension set higher than she asked for most of the night, but I think that's ok. That's my plan for future spins. My HRM suggests roughly 925 cal burned in 57 minutes.

I have decided, though, that I'm not sure how accurate the HRM is anymore. I'm going to go back to logging the way I did before I had the HRM. I think then, maybe, we'll see if I'm over eating due to overestimating calories. I'd really like to not be over eating...

So the class was fantastic! Kim and I figured out that my heart rate is in the right zone--between endurance and interval, which is great! It means I am maximizing my workout. I gave it my all through this class in a way I haven't before. It was a mix Kim's used before--an alternative (sort of) mix from her son's music. Second to last "work" song? Disturbed. That's right, baby. Disturbed!

My face lit up as I turned to Lindsay. She says, "What the hell is wrong with you?" and I respond, "This is DISTURBED! They are my FAVORITE!"
[Also included on the playlist were Dropkick Murphy's, Offspring, Metallica, Sound Garden, DMB, and a cool down ride to Savage Garden's "Truly, Madly, Deeply." So cheesy!]

Apparently, she was pretty freaked out by the look of sheer, unadulterated joy on my face.

It was an amazing ride.


Currently, considering clean eating for Lent (with a few stretches....like my vanilla soy milk) to see how my body responds. Thoughts?

~Court

No comments:

Post a Comment