Tuesday, February 15, 2011

6am, didn't happen

My alarm went off at 6am, but due to a general lack of sleep and some skin issues, I pressed snooooooooooooze til 6:35am. Then I got up!

Got to them gym earlier than any other Tuesday/Thursday, and got in a quick 10 minute run, 2 minute cool down. Felt pretty good. I wasn't gasping for breath, and my heart rate recovered pretty quickly. Felt decent. Ran a little farther than normal, even if only 4 hundredths of a mile! Haha, still farther!

Then, I headed to do some weight lifting! The 10 pounders aren't taking their toll as much any more. I can feel myself getting stronger. I picked up my weights, and went to set the timer on my HRM........oh noes! I had fitted the chest strap on but forgot to grab the watch part as I shuffled out the door! Yikes! Shoot! Oh, well, best guess! Rounded to about 40 minutes and 400 cals burned. That's probably a conservative estimate, but it's better than nothing.

Didn't get very far in my lunges today. I'm not sure why though. I didn't make them any more difficult than I usually do. I'm chalking it up to the lack of sleep. I won't get to weight train much this weekend, because I'm going to DC. However, I will try to get in some squats and some lunges in the hotel room, maybe mornings before we get going. That could be helpful. Maybe some yoga, too. I haven't yoga-ed since Saturday, and that's driving me kind of nuts!

Here's to another day down! Spinning tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment